The Pets’n’Vets family are an award-winning group of small animal practices that have been serving Glasgow and the surrounding areas for 50 years. We are especially proud of our purpose-built Roundhouse Veterinary Hospital in Glasgow’s Southside which specialises in Orthopaedic referrals, and our primary care sites are based in: Blantyre, Crookfur, Hairmyres, Queens Park, Queen Margaret Drive and Scotstoun.
Pets’n’Vets are delighted to be part of Linnaeus with almost 180 sites across the UK and Ireland we are part of a growing community of like-minded veterinary professionals who are passionate about what they do. To add, Linnaeus is proud to be a part of the Mars Veterinary Health family of veterinary practices which extends our network of 2,500 veterinary clinics and hospitals in over 20 countries making industry-leading pet care available to more than 25 million pets every year.
We currently have an amazing opportunity for a dedicated Lead Clinical Director to join the team. This position is ideal for those with a strong leadership business background with experience of being a consistent strategic leader ensuring high quality delivery of business activities. You will have overall responsibility for financial delivery of the business, with an entrepreneurial approach for identifying opportunities to develop strategic plans in order to drive business growth and revenue.
- Clinical delivery within the business with direct responsibility for all Lead Vets.
- Standing over KPI delivery for all vet teams within the business and development of these teams, sharing best practice and supporting CPD within the team.
- Ensuring quality delivery across the business: PSS awards, ISFM, VetSafe, Clinical auditing.
- Identifying and developing clinical services.
- Working collaboratively with nursing and clinical support teams both within the business and Linnaeus.
- Breaking down regional / cross functional strategies into individual team objectives and communicating these organisational objectives proactively.
- Creating an inclusive environment that ensures open communication.
- Being the key strategy planner in collaboration with the Linnaeus SLT/Partners, and identifying areas for growth and understating how to achieve these.
- Active participation and overview of the marketing of the business
Development & Driving Growth
- Building client relationships and using strategic partnerships to drive growth.
- Creating and owning clear strategic plans to ensure long-term profitability and growth of the business and delivering on company KPI’s.
- Support and drive development pathways for associates to support business growth and succession agendas.
Productivity, Process & Implementation
- Providing monthly updates, including revenue forecasts, operational performance updates, KPI’s and resource plans.
- Ensuring internal and external relationships and ways of working are as effective as they can be.
- Monitor and review the productivity of your client portfolio working with internal matrix teams to develop enhanced ways of working.
- Oversee all areas of the business: H&S, GDPR, Quality, and Compliance.
Key Experience, Skills and Knowledge
- Leadership experience of a large team/multi-site teams (2-3yrs) with a proven track-record of exceeding client expectations and building long-term, mutually beneficial relationships.
- Preferred sector experience: Veterinary with Active membership – MRCVS
- Proven ability to manage managers, developing staff, resolving performance issues and formulating resource plans.
- Intuitive ability to deconstruct problems and craft solutions within the context of a strategic objective, appreciating both the big picture and the details of any given situation.
- Experience in delivering inspiring communications to motivate teams.
- Strong commercial acumen, with an ability to critically evaluate financial and commercial risks and benefits of current business relationships and development opportunities.
Hours: 40hours per week
- 5 weeks holiday per year + birthday leave day
- CPD Support
- Specsavers Free Eye Test (and voucher for glasses for VDU use if applicable)
- Cycle2Work Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme with BUPA
- RCVS Fee Paid
- 1st opinion and referral hospital, excellent team ethos and lovely clients
- Pension scheme – automatic enrolment and completely hassle free
- Discount for own pets
Please don’t hesitate, do get in contact for an informal chat with us if you want further details.