Thursday 03rd Jan, 2019
When decorating the Christmas tree, or leaving tempting treats around the house, please minimise the risk of making your pets unwell by following our top tips!
Chocolate poisoning in dogs is typically the most common toxic ingestion case we treat over the festive period, though Christmas decorations also pose a health risk. Symptoms of poisoning can include vomiting, diarrhoea, restlessness and potentially seizures. Prompt assessment and treatment is important for dog and cat owners to recognise, especially at this time of year when Advent Calendars and other chocolate treats are often left lying around.
Here are the Pets'n'Vets Family top tips for keeping Christmas merry for your pets:
Protect your pet from poisons: a number of festive treats and traditions, such as chocolate, raisins, nuts, grapes, liquorice, poinsettia, holly and mistletoe, are toxic to cats and dogs.
Keep decorations out of reach: ribbons, wrapping paper, baubles, tinsel and tree lights can be dangerous.
Give toys, not treats: too many treats can lead to fat, unhappy animals so please consider opting for a new toy or a longer walk if you want to indulge your pet this Christmas.
All of our practices have lots of useful information about keeping your pets healthy at this time of year. Feel free to give us a call or pop in for a chat!
Pets'n'Vets Family 3 days ago
All of our practices except the Roundhouse Hospital will be closing at 5.30pm on 26th March for staff training. The Roundhouse Hospital will still be open for emergencies.
We will be bringing your pets lots of exciting new services very soon.... 👀😄